Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy New Year!

I realize it's still officially 2016, but I am SO ready for this year to be over.

2016 has just been a complete dumpster fire.  Between the US election, the war in Syria, the bombings of innocent civilians in Aleppo by their own government (not that that hasn't stopped people from vilifying Israel, as usual), and the many, many celebrity deaths since the beginning of the year, I'm ready to look forward to 2017 with a lot more positivity than 2016 is leaving us with.

I am, however, happy to report, that not one incident in 2016 can be blamed on diabetes - at least, not personally for me.

There have been some changes to my regime - an addition of an extra dose of insulin at meals, which has, weirdly, been difficult to remember to do, and an addition of a anti-cholesterol drug (Crestor) as a preventive measure.

But for the most part, any issues related to my diabetes has been mostly self-inflicted rather than disease progression.

So, here's hoping that 2017 is a happy and healthy year for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment